In an essay on The Players Tribune, former Texas quarterback Colt McCoy recalled his journey from a small high school prospect to the starting quarterback of the Longhorns and ultimately the NFL.
"I’m the son of a farmer and a Texas high school football coach," McCoy wrote. "To me, football is much more than just a game. In many way, it feels like what I was born to do. And heading into the final start of my collegiate career, I’d never felt more prepared, more composed and more certain of my abilities.
"I grew up in a small town of 714 people called Tuscola. In order for my high school to field a football team, just about every kid in my grade needed to play. And now, I was about to take the field at the Rose Bowl in front of almost 100,000 rowdy fans.
"I never figured I’d make it to this point. How does someone possibly dream that big? I still have no idea what Mack Brown was thinking when he extended a scholarship offer to a kid who was barely six feet tall and weighed 180 pounds holding dumbbells. Not the build of your typical All-American quarterback."
Source by:http://newsok.com/get-back-up-by-colt-mccoy/article/5485154






0 comments:
Post a Comment